CompTIA Networking +
CompTIA Network+ helps develop a career in IT infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
· Design and implement functional networks
· Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
· Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
· Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
· Implement network security, standards, and protocols
· Troubleshoot network problems
· Support the creation of virtualized networks
It is expected that, by the end of the course, students/professional will be able to complete a brief network assessment of an organization, identifying critical assets and processes; identify and implement a Network and Information Policy; evaluate the security risks presented by computer networks.
The course will, in general, consist of taught lectures during the specified period and lab-based, hands-on exercises. Students/professionals will be expected to complete additional, self-paced learning outside the taught portion of the course to become familiar with the technologies introduced. Some practical exercises will be completed in a virtualized environment, to enable students use certain security tools safely.
After the completion of this course a level of competence in the following skills should be achieved.
|Information Technology||Gathering, preparing and presenting information in document form on secure and dependable technologies.|
|Problem Solving||Delivering a practical solution to a real-world problem. Dealing with a combination of routine and non-routine tasks or problems.|
|Research||Use of a variety of information sources and additional learning required to deliver a cutting edge and appropriate solution.|
|Presentation||Oral presentation and group work in an organised debate.|
|Interpersonal||Obtaining knowledge and data on a scenario from those involved in its design and maintenance.|
|Team Work||An appreciation of the team required to deliver a solution such as that proposed in the assessment. Producing a presentation in a team to present for a debate.|
1. Knowledge in Networking, or
2. 1+ years of experience in the field with College Degree/High School Diploma
3. Recommend that candidates have some background in Windows Operating System and familiar with personal computers.
Exam and certification requirements
- Registration: Students must register for and schedule a time to take the
- CompTIA certification exam at a center.
- Required Exams · You need to pass one Exam SYO-401
- Exam Format · Multiple Choice, drag-and-drop, simulation
- 90 minutes
- 90 questions
- Passing Score · 720 out of 1000